If the toilet is a throne then the bathroom must be a palace.
Let me introduce you to my little project- THE PURPLE PALACE!
The previous owner (PO) of our house had an "interesting" taste in color & style. As you can see below she thought it would be a wonderful idea to paint the master bedroom & bathroom a matching shade of purple. To top off her creativity, the PO decided to add a little flair to the room using do-it-yourself wall texturing. Though creative in thought, not exactly fashionable in practice (especially when applied unevenly in big blobs).

Josh and I bought this pre-foreclosed home with hopes of fixing it up & selling it for a pretty penny. In order to bring this house up a notch we absolutely had to get rid of the texturing! Next came the dilemma of figuring out HOW to do that.
One option was to tear down & replace all the drywall. This would have been the simplest but the most expensive because we'd need to hire someone to come in to put up & skim the sheet rock.
The second option was the cheap man's option- sanding & scraping off all the texture from the wall. It might have been super cheap but it was extremely time consuming & dusty.
If you know me at all, you will know that I convinced Josh to do option #2! We spent hours upon hours sanding that ridiculous purple bumpy paint off the wall! Despite sealing off the bathroom we still managed to get dust EVERYWHERE including our walk-in closet! I will say, the worst part of the entire project was emptying out the entire closet, washing each item, and then putting them all back again. It was the ultimate laundry horror movie marathon! I couldn't do another load for days!
How far along are we today?
The walls are painted, a new sink & countertop are installed, & I've started putting in a new faucet. We still have to put up the mirror, add a new bathroom fan, & install the glass shower doors. The purple palace is transforming into something a little more chic! I cannot wait to be done :)
We'll post photographs of the finished project once everything is picture perfect!

1 comment:
I love DIY before and afters. Bring on the pictures.
Post a Comment